ZJSU was firstly established as Hangzhou Secondary Business School in 1911. At the beginning of its establishment, it served as the forerunner of business education in our province.
The school became a public university approved by the state council, Hangzhou Institute of Commerce.
The school was renamed as Zhejiang Gongshang University, approved by the National Ministry of Education. For over hundred years, the school has been adhering to the tradition of business school and the principle of characteristic education.
ZJSU was identified as a Co-construction University of People's Government of Zhejiang Province, the Ministry of Commerce and the Ministry of Education.
ZJSU was approved as first batch of construction unit of "Internalized characteristic colleges and universities in Zhejiaing Province".
ZJSU was selected as one of the Key Universities in Zhejiang Province. Statistics and Business Administration are selected as provincial top and characteristic disciplines.